"A good friend is my nearest relation."
Even though this is small statement but when it comes to Urvi, this small sentence summarizes her importance in my life.
I still remember the day when I came to know a “BABE” (trust me she loves this term used for her), is going to join our company and three days later I am lying in my bed and I get call from office in morning that a girl called URVI DAVE has joined my team and trust me more than me it was my room mate who was more happy of this fact.(no prizes for guesses though)
Same afternoon I walk into office, routine stuff guys and there sits a female next to my seat and its expected that I observe her but actually its happens the other way around when she checks me out from top to bottom as if a monster has walked in or she has just seen the most horrible dream of her life. Cant deny her looks as I was not the best dressed nor I was the best looking guy around and seriously unless mentioned no one will think of me as a manager….but thatz what I am.
Getting back to her,in few days some qualities I realized that she is sharp, fast and ready to learn something which I really liked and that’s where I started interacting with her. My bad luck continues with me she is already engaged………sorry dhruv but typical boy’s mentality.
“A friend which is very rare to find anywhere, too much understanding, caring and lovable.
She is a good example to tradition, modernization and rebellion.She like things to be her own, however she has been spoiled by her loved ones by too much care and love.She always likes to be on the top of the heart and mind of all those who are close to her.
Has a fantastic smile and a charisma which attracts people towards her. Best part of her is she has always has an opinion for every thing and she is not afraid of putting it. At times she thinks a lot too much which is pretty much visible but she is the person who can be the friend of lifetime.
Now it is still a mystery as to whether Imtiaz Ali accidentally encountered her which landed him to sketch the character of Geet in Jab We Met because the similarities are really surprising.
She is equally animated, talks with the same or even more intensity, is her own favorite, is mad about marrying her sweetheart, becomes the center point of every group. "Kuch toh log kahenge, logon kaa kaam hai kehna" is the way she thinks which sets her apart from other gals. U can talk to her about literally everything under the sun ( make sure u use words like Urvi and Dhruv in every fifth sentence to keep the conversation's flow smooth).And the bottom-line that She was. She is and will be madly in love with Dhruv......man of her life.
And that where I came to know the love epic saga of
urvi & dhruv,(kind of very long to get into this place but will write about it some day).But trust me guys there relation actually made me rethink on my perception of love & relationships. This is actually one couple who I will always adore and look upto and a symbol of friendship, love and commitment. In an era when relationships dont see the light of the day more than a week, fortnight or a month, i actually couldn't help wonder their commitment has spanned for more than a decade now( which makes them too old and boring for their age according to me - kidding). So in future if you find a person who criticizes love, trust, commitment, long distance relationships- u know which couple to illustrate to break their myth. This photo is just a trailer to the deep bond they share and of course censor board didn't allow few pictures.
Moving on from cartoon network Urvi to a more serious and mature channel of this relationship- Dhruv. Never actually met the guy one on one, but our phone conversations and of course the literal biography that Urvi has written about him in her talks has really made me realize that Boss, banda ye bindaas hai.
I know it is cliche to say that one partner completes the other in a relationship- but in their case it does happen- Dhruv completes Urvi and if not for him she wouldn't have been what she is. He is fun, liberal, trusting, mast maula and to put it in a nutshell- a perfect partner for this madcap girl.
Coming to our friendship, it has been nothing short of a roller coaster ride. In my last couple of years, if anyone has made me feel like home away from home it is this gal. She has witnessed all my mood swings and has stayed as a force- through thicks and thins, ups and downs. We have had fights, had differences of opinions but that's what made the journey so special and created a bond that m sure it'd carry on and on and on.
We're standing at a very important juncture of ur life wherein u're all set to go on a journey saat samundaar paar... peeche peeche aaon nahi shayad main, but saath zaroor rahunga. Wishing u a very happy birthday and a gr8 married life ahead.
Luv,
AVI...........


Kya baat, kya baat, kyaa baat :)
ReplyDeleteThis is great....thanks dude for sharing this .....not sure if you know me but wld definitely like to add my two cents @ this wonderful and dearest friend ......hope you dnt mind!!!! Urvi thanks for being there yaar!! Thnks for the making me what I am today .Still remember those days at Dhruvs house ,Terzen,shimpoli mandir, apna adda,and god knows wherever we managed to reach on Dhruvs khatara Kinetic and our CBZ,Mssng out on all the suspense and adventure we used to have celebrating each others B'day ,cannot contain any of those moments in writing but were by far the golden moments in my life..Thnks for being so protective so supportive ....when in pain ...when in confusion ..You had much more faith in me than I could ever have in myself an I am endlessly grateful for that ...Anyways I can go on for ever ;finally I am happy to see the day for which we all were waiting for more than five years now...and how better can the celebrations begin for it happens to be just after your b'day..."Miss Shimpoli" Is gng to be "Mrs Texas " now. Desperatly waiting to see you here !!!! HAPPY B'DAY.....
ReplyDeleteCheers!!
AMIT
Urvi (Mirchi Dhondu)
ReplyDeleteu are such a sweetheart yaar!!! i can never forget the time v have spent 2gthr in Kotak. u are the one who alwys correct me whenevr i was wrong anywhere n give me guidance and advice whn needed.... v had lot of fights, arguements, etc...etc but still there was some care 2wrds each other!!
since the day, u left kotak.....i hv been feelin so lonely each n evry moment in the office!! bt tht's life.....so need 2 accept the changes!!
I m sure we will alwys stay in touch with each other wherever we are......!
Be as you are always.........
Happy B'Day....
Luv
Punitha (Luchchi)
First things first, we are finally getting hitched :)....Long overdue huh! ;)
ReplyDeleteThanks a lot Arvind for such a beautiful testimony...Thats deep bradr! U've covered the very essence of Urvi. Cud not have described her any better.
Although I wud like to say few words too. Truth, Friendship, Affection, Love, Faith, Trust, Patience and more love - this represents our journey so far. For a relationship to work there are many factors beyond love and affection. Add a variable 'long distance' to it and it becomes even more difficult. But having Urvi by my side made this whole experience a smooth ride. She stood by me throughout. And I cudn't express enough how grateful I am. Seriously!
Her buoyant spirit masks the humble soul that she is. But people close to her know this. This is what I feel makes her different from others - the compassion. Always there when you need her and ready to lend a hand. Being a part of her life is a honor in itself.
Thanks for everything Sweetheart!!!!!
Happy Birthday!
(And I promise, this is the last one without me.)
P.S:- Arvind, obliged with those kind words....esp. "mature channel of this relationship" - sure Urvi'll hate this one and strongly disagree too...lol
Will miss you on your b'day,
Dhruv
Urvi.... what should I say about her!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteCharming! Enthusiastic! Live wire! Loving! Cheerful and many more!!!!!!!!!!!
In short we remember her as the Dhayabhabhi of Kotak.. a female who believes in making people smile, A person worth meeting as she will definitely makes a difference in your life…. sorry Urvi gave out your pet name… hehehehehe
I bet reading this you will be definitely laughing like Dhayabhabhi now. Cheers!!!
The start of her life in Kotak
I remember the day when she joined our team in Kotak. She sat on her seat without much interaction. Hell she was a babe (the name she likes hehehehe!!!!) with major attitude and ego… that’s what Punitha, Kashmira and I discussed as soon as we got a chance when she stepped out.
We three being in the morning shift and she then being a part of it decided to break this babes ego and bring her to ground reality and were regretting why she joined our team as we hate people who have airs about themselves but she made us change or belief in the famous saying “ the first impression counts”
She made us change our decision about her the very second day. We all gelled so well that we never felt she was a new joinee and till date or in future will this ever change. We were totally wrong and YES she has an attitude but a positive one of accepting people the way they are and not allowing any one cause harm to the ones she loves and care for…
So dear as you celebrate your birthday today firstly wish you a very happy birthday and have a great time….
Too bad we cannot celebrate your birthday together as I wanted to smash some more cake but it ok I already smashed it on your farewell hehehehehe but you have fun and eat a piece of cake in my name
Wish you all the success life has in store for you and all the best for life ahead!!!!
The count down begins… 7 days left…. And you will be finally married to the love of your life….. meet you on Sunday!!!!!
Luv Noel
surely there are areas wherein i agree with arvind but there are also the areas where i disagree.the points
ReplyDeleteagreement are majorly on the way arvind described urvi but just to add,she is full of life and enthusiasm.
She want to know everything about you(subject to you are on her fav list) and in return you have to listen to
her all blah blah...however i have seen her maturing into a woman from a girl now and that i think is the best
thing to happen for her relation ship with dhruv.She had all the qualities of a friend but in the past
two years she has graduated into a more better companion and with time she will enhance herself.
A female whome you cant get out of your mind and heart,however at times she eats up brains too.i believe that
yes dhruv's support has been a big boost for her all this while but at the same point of time the way she had
handled herslf,family and dhruv is something which makes her more strong and wise now and same is reflected in
her.
I wish her all the best for her future,the dream which she has been seeing for so long is gonna become reality now...
Happy bday and happy married life......
Sachin
Hey urvi happy bday to u dear....we misss u so much....You was the hottest celebrity in our office….but our bad luck you left us & our company….Your smile is like overshadow everyone’s sorrows…
ReplyDeleteNow you’re going to marry your champ…..congratulate to you & your buddy….have wonderful life ahead….keep missing us….and keep smiling… once again happy bday to you & enjoy life.....